Selling a Property
Our fees cover all of the work required to complete the sale of your home.
Our fees and disbursements:
Our fees will depend on the value of the property you are selling and will range from £1,000.00 to £2,250.00 plus VAT*
- Land Registry search fees – £20.00 (approximately).
- Landlord/Managing Agents fees for replies to enquiries (leasehold only) – £200 – £500 plus VAT (approximately).
- Electronic money transfer fee – £25.00 plus VAT per payment.
- Money laundering searches – £6.50 plus VAT per person or £10.00 plus VAT per company.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
How long will my sale take?
How long it will take from you accepting an offer to completing on the sale will depend on a number of factors, including whether you are part of a chain. We will be in contact with you providing regular updates on the process of your property sale.
Stages of the process
The precise stages involved in the sale of a residential property vary according to the circumstances however the key stages are as follows:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Obtain a redemption statement from your mortgage lender (if applicable)
- Draft the contract documents and prepare a sales pack to send to the Buyer’s solicitor
- Apply for and send to the Buyer’s solicitor the assignment/management pack (leasehold only)
- Deal with any enquiries raised by the Buyer’s solicitor
- Send the final contract to you for signature
- Approve the Transfer
- Agree a completion date
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Complete the sale
- Deal with the redemption of the mortgage (if applicable)
- Transfer the sale proceeds to you
Once we know the value of your property, we would be happy to provide you with a bespoke quote, talk you through the process and answer any questions that you might have. Most of this can be done over the telephone and by email, however, if you would like to meet your solicitor, a face-to-face appointment can be arranged at our office.
In order to satisfy mandatory money laundering checks, you will need to attend our office so we can certify your documents.
*Our fee assumes that:
Your property sale is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction.
The maximum fee shown is for a sale price of a property of up to £1,000,000.00. Please contact us for a quote if the sale price exceeds £1,000,000.00.